Gaming monitors are the ones that act as the interface between the gaming equipment and the gamer. The right choice of a gaming monitor becomes important for a delightful gaming experience. The technological advancement in the field of gaming monitor has paved way for a plenty of gaming monitor products with various features. But not all of them satisfy the needs of a gamer.
A right gaming monitor not only improves your gaming experience but also safeguards your eyes from getting strained. With so many products flooded in the market, it is difficult to choose the right gaming monitor. This article will help you to deal with that. Some of the top cheap gaming monitors in this year have been discussed here along with their key features. In addition, the importance of gaming monitors and the strategies to choose the best one have been analyzed.
What is the best and cheapest gaming monitor?
How do I choose a gaming monitor?
Now that we know the importance of gaming monitors, let us see how we choose the top rated gaming monitors. The selection of gaming monitors is influenced by various factors. Some of those key factors have been discussed here.
Low Input Lag: This is the first thing to check while selecting a gaming monitor. It deals with the response time, which is the time taken between the input provided by the user and the output displayed on the monitor. This value should be as low as possible in order to have a quick response. In games, even a millisecond means a lot and it is very important to have a monitor that fulfills that.
Higher Refresh Rate: The number of frames a monitor can display in a second defines the refresh rate. The higher the value of refresh rate, the better a gaming monitor is. It helps in the smooth and blurless games especially in the case of the fast paced games like racing, chasing, etc.
Adjustable Viewer: A good gaming monitor will have an adjustable monitor to tilt in whichever position a gamer wants. This helps the gaming equipment to be placed comfortably as per the gamer’s convenience.
Coherent Display: One cannot determine the extent of time a game will proceed. It can take hours to complete a game and in such cases, the clarity of display becomes important. The use of “flicker-free technology” helps in the effective reduction of eyes strain.
In addition, the elimination of blue light from the light spectrum should also be considered. The “Low blue light technology” employed in the gaming monitors will perform the same. Studies show that the blue light spectrum is the main reason behind headaches, eyestrain, and insomnia. Hence, these two technologies are as important as the above-discussed factors.
3 Top cheap gaming monitors reviewed
The gaming monitor from BenQ has all the essential features to deliver an enjoyable gaming experience. The monitor performs well with the FPS game plays with seamless motion.
The viewing is made comfort with the improvised resolution and quick response time. It is designed to give an extended gameplay by protecting your eyes from getting strained. For this, the monitor employs the “RevolutionEyes” technology that is better for your eyes. The blurs are removed with the “Motion blur reduction” technology. This paves way for uninterrupted games and victories.
The fast-paced motions and transitions will be made available in a smooth manner. The visibility is improved with the use of Black eQualizer concept. The darker areas of a game scene are selectively brightened without over-exposure of brighter areas.
The BenQ XL2411P Game eSport has the following specifications:-
- The refresh rate is about 144Hz which gives smooth gaming experiences.
- The fast response time makes it suitable for RTS, FPS and MOBA games.
- It includes features like GROM and Display Pilot.
- The Black eQualizer technology supports clarity under dark backgrounds.
- The low blue light technology safeguards the eyes during longer gaming sessions.
- The gaming monitor comes at an affordable price for its features.
- The navigation across different games seems easy with this monitor.
- The S-switch arc aids in shifting from one gaming profile to another.
- The flow of the game is smooth and clear with high refresh rate.
- It enables easy access to ports by simple rotation of the monitor.
- The monitor looks bulky.
- Pixel inversions seen on the monitor can affect gaming.
- The effect of “screen-door” in inevitable in certain background colors.
Summary: The gaming monitor from BenQ is obviously a boon for all those who are looking for a quality product at an affordable price. It performs well even in fast-paced games with reduced motion blurs. It comes handy for all the professional gamers with technologies like motion blur reduction and Black eQualizer.
The gaming monitor from Asus Rog Swift will revolutionize your gaming experience. The pixel density is quite high (109 PPI) which means you can enjoy even the minute details of a game or a movie.
The wider display paves way for more room in the desktop for various applications. The monitor can be tilted to any position and its height is adjustable. This gives maximum comfort for the gamers. It is very much suitable for games that go for hours together.
The gamers won’t find it difficult to spend more time before the monitor. They are entitled to achieve their target or victory in their games without any disruptions. The gaming monitor is equipped with the “GamePlus” technology that will help the gamers to win their games. The various enhancements available with this include the crosshair, timer, and FPS counter.
You will like ASUS ROG SWIFT gaming monitor for the following Key specifications:
- The panel comes with g-sync technology from NVIDIA.
- The refresh rate is about 100 Hz with good resolution.
- The “Eye-care technology” of Asus removes flicker and reduces blue light.
- The immersion is improved with the curved display with an aspect ratio of 21:9.
- The GamePlus technology helps the gamers to reach their goal.
- The control scheme consists of the 5-way joystick in the monitor.
- The response time and refresh rate are far superior.
- It supports all the games with the highly appreciable display.
- The games can be played for a long time without any eye strains.
- The curved panel supports a varied range of visibility.
- It has an extended warranty period of 3 years.
- It is expensive.
- It has a provision only for a single input.
- Problems associated with anti-glare have been reported by few users.
Summary: If quality is the first preference, then your choice should be this gaming monitor from Asus. The features are unique and exceptionally good. With the controllable refresh rates, you can always play the games accustoming your needs. The wider desktop provides detailed viewing of games or movies. All these features make Asus Rog an ultimate gaming monitor.
This gaming monitor from Asus is aimed at delivering extremely fast game plays. The times taken for rendered frames are shortened here. The signal processing between the game system and the monitor is improved with a low monitor latency.
Even in the games with more confusing action sequences, the monitor strives to deliver a smooth motion. The monitor features the GamePlus technology with four crosshairs and timer functions. It has provisions for connectivity across various external devices with HDMI, Displayport, Dual-link DVI. The 3D surround will improve the gaming experience for the users.
It uses the light boost technology to increase the level of brightness in the backlight for a better 3D view. The product comes with the audio cord, power cord, dual-link DVI cable along with the starter guide to help you understand its setup and usage.
The Asus VG248QE Gaming Monitor has the following key features:-
- The games are smooth with a faster refresh rate of 144Hz.
- It comes with the 2W built-in stereo speakers.
- The monitor is wall-mountable.
- It comes with DisplayPort and dual-link DVI for extended connectivity.
- The HDMI ports provided in the monitor will facilitate multiple device connections.
- It has provisions for multiple device connections with its HDMI ports.
- It is suitable for fast game plays with superior refresh rate and response time.
- The gaming monitor addresses the issue like screen tearing and V-sync.
- The quality of the image is better.
- The setup and installation processes are easy.
- The color balance is affected as the refresh rate changes.
- The monitor is constrained to be used only with Nvidia graphics card.
- In some cases, light colors are abnormally bright in the game display.
Summary: This is one such gaming monitor that every gamer will desire to have. With a comfortable viewing, smooth experience and multiple ports for versatile connections, what more a gamer can ask for.
Does a gaming monitor really make a difference?
The importance of gaming monitor is often overlooked while considering a gaming system. In order to have a professional gaming experience, it is essential to obtain the quality gaming monitor. A good gaming monitor will seldom flick thereby reducing the eye strain. The following points emphasize the importance of a gaming monitor.
Prevents Eye Strain: A low-quality monitor for games can impact your vision in the long run. On the other hand, gaming monitors are designed to protect your eyes from such ill-effects. It employs various technologies that aid in the prolonged gaming experience without any trouble. The gamer will not find it difficult to continue his game for hours together with the gaming monitors.
Improves Gaming Experience: The gaming monitors are devoted towards giving us the fullest joy of gameplay, unlike ordinary monitors. They are designed to add more advantages in course of games. Every feature is designed such that they assist the gamer in attaining victory.
Movable Display Screen: Most of the gaming monitors are equipped with the adjustable display. The gamers can position the gaming monitor as per their convenience. This feature of gaming monitor reduces the burden on gamers to be seated in the same position for a long time.
Clarity of Visuals: There are certain games that require high-clarity visuals and graphics display. Even minute details have more importance in such video games. Unlike ordinary monitor, gaming monitors address such issues and deliver highly coherent visuals.
The Final Thoughts (Conclusion)
Having discussed all that, you can now decide upon the good gaming monitor that will address your needs. Some of the top cheap gaming monitor that were discussed is sure to have put some light on the latest gaming monitors trending in the market. With the right gaming monitor, one is sure to have an exhilarated gaming experience.
Other Articles You Might Also Like-