A gaming headphone is a must-have when you want to benefit from the best gaming experience. After all, this is the only way to bring your online PS4 game in a life-like situation. Once you decide to buy PS4 headsets, making the right choice can be a complicated task despite being a professional gamer. Hence, this means that you need to have the idea of what the best gaming headphones should include so that you can make your selection process easy.
What’s more, it is best to have an idea of the headphones to buy, to avoid the confusion of selecting from the variety in the market. In our coverage, we have reviewed the top 5 best ps4 headsets under 50. I recommend that you read through the review of each of them and use our buyer’s guide to determine the most suitable one to provide the best gaming experience. Let’s begin with having a look at how to choose the best gaming headsets for PS4.
What is the best cheap headset for PS4 less than $50?
Do I need special headset for PS4? – Buying guide
1. Comfort – How comfortable will the headphones be even after long hours of wearing them? This is a factor to consider having in mind that you will need to stay with them for long hours. You do not want to get headphones that will press you leaving you uncomfortable or those that will leave you sweating. What’s more, you do not want to get those that cannot be adjusted to give a proper fit. So, consider the softness of the material and opt for one with an adjustable headband.
2. Sound quality – Ps4 headsets should not only be comfortable to wear, but they should let you hear the sound loud and clear without having to strain. As such, the best headphones should feature a noise canceling feature, while the microphone should pick your sound with a lot of clarity.
3. Durability – Another point to consider when making a choice is the durability. Hence check for the construction material and determine if it is that that can last for long. After all, you do not want to spend large sums of money only to get a product that will break down after a short time. So, consider the construction and ensure that it is one that can last. More to this, check on customer reviews and get to know their view on durability and reliability.
4. Presence of controls – Does the headset feature the control buttons you use most in your gaming? The controls that can be featured on the headsets have to be related to sound. So, check if they feature a volume controller and a button to mute your speakers. These are essential buttons since you do not want to reach your device every time you need to adjust the volume. So, get a headset with these controls featured at your fingertips.
5. Price – How much are you willing to spend and how much does the headset cost? In most cases, you will find that the best PS4 headphones are quite expensive. However, our review concentrates on the affordable headphones. It is crucial that you always consider the features first before determining the amount of money to part with.
How do you set up a headset for PS4?
Once you get the best headsets for PS4, the issue that results is that of setting up your headsets. Let’s have a quick look at the steps to follow for a good setup.
Step 1: Ensure that you get a compatible optical cable from your supplier. After this, ensure that you have the latest . To update to the latest operating system, in the Playstation dynamic menu, select the settings icon then the system software update icon. Follow the instructions to download and install the latest operating system.
Step 2: After updating your operating system, connect the USB cable to the PS4. In the play dynamic menu, select settings > sound and screen > Audio output settings > Primary output port > digital output (optical).
Step 3: After passing through those steps, go back to the Audio output settings. Select output to headphones and then chat audio (default). Make sure that you do not select all audio for a good voice balance.
Step 4: Finally, select the Audio output setting once more, go to audio format (priority) and then linear PCM (default).
5 Best PS4 headsets under 50 dollars reviewed
If you are looking forward to getting a headset that includes the features of the best ps4 headset and at less than 50 dollars, you might want to consider this one. Based on its design, it is black and with blue decorations. It features a detachable mic with a foam protection and built-in wires. The headphones are light in weight and comfortable.
They feature a durable plastic construction to ensure that they are not heavy, thereby providing you with long comfortable gaming hours. Even better, the earpads feature a leather and foam construction that adds to the comfort. What’s more is that the head strap is adjustable to guarantee a perfect fit every time you wear them.
The head strap is also padded to enhance your comfort. When it comes to functionality, this headset will deliver an outstanding performance. When playing your game, it will enable you to benefit from a clear chat with your gammers. The reason behind this is its adjustable and highly sensitive mic that picks up your voice loud and clear.
When you want to listen to music or watch movies, you can remove this mic so that you can get a comfortable and an undistracted experience. The headset also includes high-quality 40mm speakers that enable you to hear every crisp high and thundering low.
Another plus of the Turtle beach headphones is the convenient in-line controls. These allow you to control the volume or mute the speakers without having to reach for your gaming or music device. This headset is compatible with PS4 Pro, PS4, PC, Mac, new Xbox One controller with the 3.5mm jack, as well as phones and tablets with a 3.5 mm connection.
You May Like Turtle Beach Recon for the Following Key Specifications:
- Large 40mm over-ear (closed) speakers.
- Convenient built-in in-line controls.
- A high-sensitivity, adjustable and removable mic.
- Versatile 3.5mm jack.
- Full-size ear cushions wrapped in synthetic leather.
- A cushioned and adjustable headband.
Summary- As our top pick, these headsets will provide a crystal clear conversation due to the high-sensitivity mic. You can remain guaranteed to get a comfortable long hour gaming experience due to the lightweight, adjustable and padded headband, as well as the padded earpads. The 40mm high-quality speakers enable you to hear every bit of the sound, while the 3.5 mm jack makes them perfect for a connection with compatible devices. These headsets allow you to have the essential controls at your fingertips. As such, you do not have to move when you want to mute the speakers or vary the volume. The product measures 8.7 x 3.9 x 9.5 inches while it weighs 1.1 pounds.
2. Sades SA-810
What would be better than our second pick today? These gaming headphones come at a low price, but they include a lot of features that make them highly functional. They are compatible with the PS4, PC, new Xbox One, mobile and tablet devices.
Thanks to the 3.5mm jack. The headsets are easy to set up and comfortable to wear even for long gaming hours due to the soft and good air permeability protein earmuffs. Another plus of these headphones is that they feature a 40mm high-flux neodymium iron boron/drive unit. Due to this, the sensitivity of your speaker will be enhanced letting you benefit from a high-quality sound.
What’s more is the high-quality microphone. It features a super noise-reduction function so that it picks up sounds with great sensitivity while removing the surrounding noise. The design of this microphone is flexible and retractable, to enable you to use it in a way that you will benefit from much comfort. The headphones include a strong braided cord designed for use by gamers.
You May Like Sades SA810 Headphone for the Following Key Specifications:
- A 3.5mm jack plug.
- A 40mm high-flux neodymium iron boron that enhances the sound quality.
- A high-quality microphone with a noise reduction function.
- A multi-point pressure head beam.
- A strong braided cord.
- Soft and good air-permeability protein earmuffs.
Summary- The Sades gaming headphones include a 3.5mm plug that makes it compatible with devices that features a 3.5 mm port. A 40mm high-flux drive unit enables them to produce a high-quality sound. These headphones will you benefit with a quiet gaming environment due to the noise-reduction microphone. The product measures 8.5 x 8 x 3.9 inches while it weighs 1.1 pounds. The maximum input power is 30mW, while the mic sensitivity is -54dB +/- 3 dB.
This headset features a 3.5 mm plug that makes it compatible with 3.5mm devices. It can support a PS4, New Xbox One, PC, PSP, laptops, computers, iPhone, Tablet, mobile phone among other devices. However, note that the headset is not compatible with the PS3 and Xbox360. Once you need to connect it to the old version of the Xbox One controller, you will need an extra Microsoft adapter which is not included.
Another plus of these headsets is that they will provide you with a crystal clear sound. With the built-in industry-leading high precision 50mm magnetic neodymium driver, the sensitivity of the speakers will be enhanced thereby enabling you to benefit from a high-quality sound. Whats more is that the omnidirectional noise reduction technology will let you have a clear online chat since it will help cut out the noise in the background. This headset features a robust material construction and a high-tensile strength that will endure falling, thereby preventing a breakage.
Its 2.2-metre cable features a military-grade durable braided wire that can last you for an extended period. The headsets feature a design that will give much comfort since the ear cushions feature a synthetic leather-wrap. What’s more is that the headband is adjustable so that it gives you a perfect fit. The headband includes in-line controls which are conveniently placed on the wire so that you can mute your speakers when you wish. The volume control button is also at your fingertips for an easy adjustment of the volume.
You May Like VersionTech G2000 for the Following Key Specifications:
- A 3.5 mm plug cable.
- Built-in high-precision 50mm magnetic neodymium driver.
- An omnidirectional noise reduction technology.
- A sturdy material construction.
- A 2.2-meter durable cable.
- Skin-friendly leatherette ear cushions.
Summary- For durable and functional gaming headsets, you might have to consider getting one of these. The headset features a high bendability solid construction to enable it to withstand a fall or squeeze. The 2.2-metre cable is a durable braided wire also meant to provide durability. With this headset, you can be sure to get benefit from a great gaming experience since the in-line control buttons are at your fingertips.
Even better, you can get a clear sound while chatting with your gamers due to the 50mm magnetic neodymium driver as well as the omnidirectional noise reduction technology. The headsets feature a 3.5 mm plug to allow a connection with compatible devices. It measures 8.4 x 7.8 x 4.2 inches while it weighs 1.6 pounds.
4. BENGOO G9000
This headset blends in versatility, durability, and performance functions all in one unit. It is compatible with a variety of devices due to the 3.5mm jack. You can use it for gaming with the PS4, New Xbox One, or even use it to listen to music from your iPad, mobile phone, tablet, among other devices that are compatible with this jack. When you want to connect an old version of the Xbox One controller, you will need to get an extra Microsoft adapter.
Another plus of this device is that it gives a clear sound. It features a 40mm magnetic neodymium driver that improves the sensitivity of the speaker which aids in a sound clarity. The headset also incorporates an omnidirectional noise isolating microphone. With this, you can benefit from a clear, high-quality sound from other gamer, since it can transmit a high-quality sound, having canceled the background noise. This headset features a design that will give you comfort through long gaming hours.
Whats more is that it features a design that is meant to last. The mic is long and flexible so that you can adjust it to suit your desire. On the other hand, the earpads feature a skin-friendly leather with good air permeability to reduce sweating and provide a cooling effect. The earcups feature bright LED lights that highlight the atmosphere of the game. The cable is a reliable anti-winding braided USB cord that is built to last. It features a volume controller and a mute button to enable you to mute the microphone or control the volume conveniently.
You May Like Bengoo G9000 Keyboard for the Following Key Specifications:
- 40mm magnetic neodymium driver.
- A 3.5 mm jack.
- An omnidirectional noise isolating microphone.
- A long and flexible microphone.
- A reliable anti-winding braided USB cord.
- A volume controller and a mute button on the cable.
- LED lights on the earcups.
Summary- The BENGOO gaming headsets include a lot of features that make them durable, versatile, and highly functional. With the 3.5mm jack, you can be sure to use them with a variety of devices that can support this connection. The headsets can provide a long and comfortable gaming experience due to the soft leather construction.
What’s more is that they help reduce distractions thanks to the volume controller and mute button located at your fingertips. The headsets give an assurance of a clear sound from other gamer due to the 40mm magnetic neodymium driver and the omnidirectional noise isolating microphone. The microphone is long and adjustable aimed to add to your comfort. This product weighs 9.6 ounces while it measures 8.3 x 4.4 x 7.9 inches.
At only 275 grams, this headset piece is light so that you can wear it over long gaming hours and remain comfortable. The headset features ear cups that rotate up to 90-degree to enable you to get a proper fit. Whats more is that this headset features 50mm directional drivers that are parallel to the ear so that you get a great sound quality. To enhance your comfort, these headset includes a high-quality HyperX signature memory foam.
The headset also has an adjustable steel slider that is built to last. With the intuitive volume control on the earcup, you do not have to keep moving to your gaming device to change the volume since you can change it using the volume slider.
Moreover, the set includes a swivel-to-mute microphone. When you want to mute it, you only need to flip it vertically on your head. The built-in passive noise cancellation is another feature that reduces the background noise so that you only concentrate on the sound from your earphones.
The headset is compatible with various devices including the PS4, Xbox One, Wii U and mobile devices. It features a 3.5mm stereo plug and a PC extension with two 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs so that it is easy to connect your devices. The headset is TeamSpeak and Discord certified. It is also compatible with several chat programs.
You May Like HyperX Cloud Stinger Keyboard for the Following Key Specifications:
- 90-degree rotating earcups.
- An adjustable steel slider.
- Built-in passive noise cancellation.
- 50mm directional drivers.
- Hyperx signature memory foam.
- A swivel-to-mute microphone.
- 3.5mm stereo plug.
Summary- These headsets are a suitable choice when you want comfortable, light, yet functional gaming headphones. The headset only weighs 275 grams while it measures 9.5 x 10.75 x 3 inches. It has earcups that rotate up to 90 degrees, aimed at providing you with a perfect fit. With this unit, you will get a high sound quality due to the 50mm drivers positioned parallel to your ears.
Even better, this product will let you enjoy your gaming experience comfortably since you will not need to keep moving to adjust the volume. With a 3.5 stereo plug, the headsets give you the chance to enjoy audio from devices that can connect to it. The high-quality HyperX signature memory foam is another plus that adds to the comfort of having them on for long hours.
The Final Words (Conclusion)
I hope that you can now make the best selection of your PS4 headsets. Ensure that you follow our guide for you to get the best value for money. You should also not look further for the best ps4 headset under $50, as the ones discussed above include the features that the best gaming headphones should include.
Other Articles You Might Also Like-
- 5 Best earbuds for motorcycle [Low profile & Bluetooth]
- 9 Best noise cancelling headphones under $200 in 2021 [In-ears & on-ears]
- 6 Best over-ear headphones under 100 USD in 2021 [Wireless & Wired]
- 9 Best headphones under 100 USD in 2021 with buying tips
- 7 Best around the neck Bluetooth headphones in 2021 for running & calls