Once you decide to get your internet provided by Comcast, you want to ensure that you get the best value for money. As such, you will want to get a modem router that will let you benefit from the highest internet and wifi speeds. To do this, you need to be equipped with the necessary information on some of the best modem routers to grant the best speed.
Moreover, you must have an idea of those which are compatible with Comcast. So, how do you get to do this? If you don’t have an idea of the tips to select the best modem router for Comcast or some of the units available, worry no more as in this coverage we have got you covered. Read on and be sure to make the best purchase.
A Quick Look at the Best Modem Router Combo for Comcast
5 Best Modem Routers for Comcast Reviewed
As our top pick, this device serves as a cable modem as well as a wifi router. It will allow you to enjoy fast internet speeds since it features DOCSIS 3.0 that enables it to unleash download speeds that are 8-times faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
Moreover, it features the fastest WIFI of up to 300+300Mbps which enables you to transfer data fast. Whats more is that it offers a better range which makes it suitable for use by homeowners with big homes.
Another plus of the Netgear N600 is that it is gigabit wired. This makes it ideal for streaming HD videos, playing high-speed online games, and fast downloads. Since it supports eight download and four upload channels, it lets you benefit from the fastest cable internet speeds even during peak hours. With this unit, you can be sure to benefit from consistent, uninterrupted internet speeds since it includes a simultaneous dual-band that reduces wifi interference.
You can get this device if you want to get your internet from service providers such as XFINITY from Comcast, Cox, Optimum, Spectrum, Mediacom, and Suddenlink. Once you buy one of these, using the device is quite easy since it is easy to set up with iPads, computers, tablets, and smartphones. It also includes a WIFI and power on/off for convenient power savings.
Due to the included push ‘n’ connect button, connecting your device to WIFI is quite easy. More to this, the system includes several features that make sharing data with other devices quite easy. It supports DLNA to allow you to play and find media on TVs and game consoles. It also includes a USB port to allow you to connect your flash drive and share data from it. Due to the feature Guest network access, you can be sure to provide separate and secure access for guests. With this device, you will also benefit from the highest level wireless security since it includes WPA/WPA2.
You may like NETGEAR N600 for the following Key Specifications:
- A two in one device including DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and N600 WiFi Router.
- Cable internet speeds of up to 340Mbps.
- A fast wifi speed of up to 300+300Mbps.
- DOCSIS 3.0 that offers a fast cable internet speed than DOCSIS 2.0.
- Channel bonding for an efficient and reliable internet access.
- Gigabit wired for fast-speed video streaming and gaming.
- A better range wifi connection for an efficient connection in bigger homes.
- A simultaneous dual-band connection to reduce interference from other wireless networks.
- WPA/WPA2 encryption to offer the highest level wireless security.
- A guest network for a separate and secure network for visitors.
- A USB port to wirelessly access and share hard drives.
Summary- The Netgear N600 will let you benefit from high internet and download speeds since it features DOCSIS 3.0 technology. Moreover, it features a data transfer rate of up to 300+300Mbps for a rapid performance. You can get it for a large home since it offers a better range.
It is gigabit wired making it ideal for streaming HD videos, online gaming, and fast downloads. The device supports eight download and four upload channels. It also features a simultaneous dual-band aimed at reducing wifi interference.
Sharing data with this cable modem router is not complicated since it features a USB port while it also supports DLNA. Moreover, it offers you with the required security since it features a Guest network access and WPA/WPA2 security protocols.
With the TC-W7960 you can forget about the monthly charges that arise from renting your ISP’s networking equipment. It serves as a cable modem as well as a router. It sets up easily since all you need is to follow the provided set-up instructions.
Due to its 8×4 channel bonding, this device gives you an efficient and reliable internet access. As such, you can enjoy various forms of entertainment such as watching movies, gaming, and downloading files without worrying about the slowing down of the network.
Whats more is that it features the DOCSIS 3.0 technology aimed at combining multiple channels to stream data while increasing the upload and download speeds. The device lets you benefit from WIFI speeds of up to 300Mbps. Whats more is that it supports a download speed of up to 343 Mbps and an upload speed of up to 143 Mbps. More to this, the unit uses N300 Wi-Fi to let you connect various devices and maintain the connections running smoothly.
Another plus of this system is that it provides you with several security features. It includes a guest network so that visitors can access a different wifi access. Whats more is that it includes parental controls which allow you to manage when and how various devices can access the internet. As such, no need to worry about your kids’ access to sites that you don’t approve.
With this device, you can get your internet provided by several providers including XFINITY from Comcast, spectrum, Cox, among others. Whats more is that you can share files and media across networks. The reason behind this is the features USB ports that make it easy to connect external drives. Even better, you can create fast and reliable connections since it includes four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
You may like TP-Link N300 for the following Key Specifications:
- Supports internet plans of up to 150Mbps
- A DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and wifi router in one device
- Wifi download speeds of up to 300Mbps
- 8×4 channel bonding for reliable and efficient connections
- 4 gigabit LAN ports for fast and reliable internet
- USB 2.0 port for sharing files and media from your external drive
- DOCSIS 3.0 technology for faster download and upload speeds
- Parental controls to manage internet usage in your home
- Guest network feature to let visitors access another network different from your main one.
Summary- This is one of the top rated modem router for Comcast to get when you want to benefit from monthly savings since it eliminates the need for you to rent your ISP’s modem. It sets up easily and supports 8×4 channel bonding, for efficient and reliable internet access. It also includes the DOCSIS 3.0 technology for increased upload and download speeds. With it, you can benefit with Wi-Fi speeds of up to 300Mbps.
Moreover, you can connect several devices to this connection and still have the internet run smoothly since it uses the N300 wifi. With the TC-W7960, security should not be an issue since it features parental controls and a guest network. Even better, it allows file sharing since it includes a USB port for hard drive connections. It also includes Gigabit Ethernet ports for a fast and reliable connection.
This cable modem will offer you the best internet speeds. It is certified for DOCSIS 3.0 so that it provides you with download speeds of up to 960Mbps. It also offers high Wifi speeds since it supports plans of up to 300Mbps.
As such, it is ideal for simultaneous online gaming, HD media streaming, web surfing, among other activities. The device includes an Intel Puma 6 chipset that helps in achieving high-speed upstream and downstream performance.
It is easy to set up since it does not need a CD. It simply requires you to plug into the power source, use the coaxial cable to plug the unit into the wall jack and finally connect an ethernet cable from the modem to the router.
With this device, you can benefit from efficient, fast and reliable internet access since it offers 24 download and eight upload channels. This type of bonding also offers maximum efficiency once you need to transfer data over an existing cable broadband connection.
Once you decide to go for this unit, you should get the Linksys CM3016 cable modem if your broadband plans are between 100 and 250 Mbps. On the other hand, the Linksys CM3008 cable modem is a suitable option when your internet service plans are 100Mbps and below.
The device is compatible with several ISPs including Comcast XFINITY, Cox, Charter, Cablevision, Time Warner Cable, among others. Note that this is a Cable modem that doesn’t include a router. Moreover, it is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, and CenturyLink ISPs.
You may like TP-Link N300 for the following Key Specifications:
- Intel Puma 6 chipset for a high downstream and upstream performance.
- High wifi speed of up to 300Mbps.
- Easy installation that requires a plug and play set up.
- High download speeds of up to 960Mbps.
- 24×8 Channel Bonding for efficient and reliable internet access.
- DOCSIS 3.0 support for high-speed transfer rates.
Summary- The cable modem provides you with high download speeds of up to 960Mbps. It offers high wifi speeds of plans up to 300Mbps. This makes it ideal for use on various forms of online entertainment such as gaming. It is easy to setup and offers you an efficient and reliable internet access since it supports a 24×8 Channel Bonding. It is compatible with various internet providers, giving you the chance to select your best provider.
This cable modem is ideal for customers with internet plans of 250 Mbps and above. It supports the DOCSIS 3.0 technology to allow it to combine multiple channels while increasing download and upload speeds.
The unit has a 32×8 channel bonding. As such, it bonds up to thirty-two downstream channels and eight upstream channels to provide you with a more reliable internet access. The device offers a data transfer rate of up to 1.4 Gbps download and up to 131Mbps upload. As such, it makes online gaming, HD video streaming, video conferencing, downloading, among other internet activities fast and efficient.
This unit can support several internet service providers including Cox, Comcast Xfinity, Suddenlink, Charter, Brighthouse Networks, Time Warner among others. Note that it is a wired modem only and doesn’t include a Wifi router. Moreover, it is not compatible with AT&T, Centurylink, and Verizon internet providers.
You may like ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 for the following Key Specifications:
- 32×8 channel bonding for better internet reliability.
- DOCSIS 3.0 technology for faster download and upload speeds.
- A data transfer rate of up to 1.4 Gbps download, and 131Mbps upload.
Summary- The ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 BLK DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem serves as a wired modem only and does not include a wifi router. It has a 32×8 channel bonding meant to offer you a more reliable internet access.
Whats more is that it supports the DOCSIS 3.0 technology to allow a combination of multiple channels while increasing download and upload speeds. With a data transfer rate of up to 1.4 Gbps download and up to 131Mbps upload, the device makes internet activities fast and efficient.
This device provides you with a full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, a 300 Mbps wireless-N router, and a 4-port switch, all in one device. As such, you can forget about the monthly bills that arise due to renting your ISP’s network equipment. The modem router provides you with the flexibility to connect all wireless devices in your possession. It provides 802.11N wireless speeds and features MIMO smart antenna technology.
As such, this assures you of benefiting from exceptional internet speeds. This unit is preconfigured for simple setup so that it will auto detect your service settings. Moreover, it includes several security settings so that it provides you with safe access to the internet. Some of the featured internet settings include a high-grade firewall and security suite that includes WPA and WPA2 encryption.
Moreover, it also features a unique ID assignation to prevent hacking. Other incorporated security protocols are a stateful packet inspection, content filtering, denial of service protection, all aimed at protecting your system from unauthorized access. You can also control the way your kids surf the internet since it includes a parental control. The unit is compatible with various internet service providers including ADSL CenturyLink and major DSL service providers.
However, it is not compatible with Cablevision, Cox, Comcast, Verizon FIOS, AT$T, Time Warner, and Charter. With this device, you can also connect older wireless devices since it is Backwards compatible.
You may like Actiontec GT784WN for the following Key Specifications:
- A router and modem in one device.
- Backward compatible 802.11n technology to support older wireless devices.
- 802.11n technology supports Internet speeds up to 300 Mbps.
- MIMO smart antenna technology for better speed performance.
- Several security settings including parental control, denial of service protection, content filtering, and WPA and WPA2 encryption.
Summary- This unit provides you with a router and modem all in one device. It lets you connect all wireless devices while it supports older wireless devices since 802.11n is backward compatible. It offers 802.11n wireless speeds and includes MIMO smart antenna technology for better speed performance.
More to this is that it can autodetect your service settings since it is preconfigured for a simple setup. When it comes to security, it includes a variety of encryptions and protection measures including parental control, denial of service protection, content filtering, WPA and WPA2 encryption, among others.
What to Look for When Buying a Modem Router for Comcast
When purchasing a modem router for Comcast, there are several tips to help you select the ideal one based on your needs. Have a look at them.
1. Internet speeds- Modem routers offer different internet speeds. All these are dependent on various factors. For instance, you will get wireless AC routers providing faster speeds than the wireless N routers, while the wireless N routers offer a more rapid internet rate than the wireless G routers. So, determine your optimal speed and get a modem router that will provide you with the internet speed you prefer.
2. Wifi range connection- How big is your home? If you have a big house and want your wifi to reach all the areas, then you will need a modem router for Comcast that offers a better range wifi connection. The range will depend on several factors including the number of radios and antennas included as well as the interference. For you to get the best range, a wireless AC router is the best option, so be sure to choose this one if you have a big home.
3. Ease of setup- A modem router should not stress you out when you need to set it up. It should come with clear setup instructions to allow you to set up with ease.
4. Singleband or dual-band model- Note that you will find modem routers as either single-band or double band models. To determine the ideal one for your home, you will need to determine how susceptible your internet is to interference. Moreover, you will need to determine the main reason of getting this connection. As such, if you want to reduce your internet’s interference and benefit from faster speeds, a dual-band model is the best way to go.
5. Multi-user MIMO- Do you expect to connect several devices to the modem router? If you do, get a device with a multi-user MIMO capability. This feature allows multiple devices to connect while maintaining a high-bandwidth wifi signal. It also helps to distribute data more efficiently. As such, you will benefit from the fastest wifi speeds in your home. So, ensure that your system can support this feature if you want to stream media, play games, or transfer large files fast while using multiple devices.
6. Security features- Modem routers feature several security measures to ensure that your connection remains safe at all times. This protects your vital information from unauthorized access, which is the reason you will want to get a unit that features several security features. Some of the security features you might want to check that your unit includes are a parental control, guest network, WPA and WPA2 encryption, among others.
7. USB ports- If you expect to share an external drive with other devices connected to the network, you will have to get a modem router with a USB port. Moreover, you may also get a modem router with this port when you expect to share a USB printer with the rest of the network. This makes getting a unit with USB port crucial. However, if you have got a printer that can connect to a network by itself via wifi, buying a device with USB ports is not necessary.
8. Budget- How much money do you have available to buy a modem router? These devices come at different prices, and these are dependent on the included features to make it highly efficient. As such, make sure that you get a modem router that will provide you with the best value for money. It should include the features that will provide you with a reliable internet based on your needs.
How to Set up Comcast Modem and Router
Step 1: Power on the Comcast cable modem. Wait to see that it is receiving an active network which you will know once you see the data light flashing.
Step 2: Get a standard ethernet cable and connect one of its ends to the output port located on the back of the modem.
Step 3: Connect the other end of your ethernet cable to the wireless port on the wireless router. Note that ( You should not have powered the router yet)
Step 4: Once you have made the connection, it is now time to power on the router. So, plug in the wireless router into the power outlet and power it on.
Step 5: Get a sharp pointed object and use it to press the Reset button located on the back of the Comcast modem. This will make the modem to restart, and thereafter begin to communicate with the router. As such, the router will receive an internet signal from the modem which will end up creating a wireless network.
The Final Words (Conclusion)
Now that you have read this coverage, you are good to go on your next move. Ensure that you apply the tips discussed in this coverage when selecting among the variety of the best modem routers for Comcast. I also do recommend that you give a try to one of our reviewed products as these have been tested to ensure that they can provide you with the best internet speeds.
Toppctech.com is supported by the online readers. When you buy through the links on this page that may make some affiliate commissions for us. Learn more.