This err_name_not_resolved error is a common problem in our daily browsing life. Normally Google Chrome user faces this unknown error and that is very irritating. Some specific reasons create this error in your Chrome browser. So at first you should know all the reasons that create the error. Then you identify the specific cause that’s why you face this ‘err name not resolved’ error. All the reasons are given bellow.
- Mainly your internet DNS block creates this unwanted error.
- Browser Cookies block your internet DNS address that may create the error.
- Operating system may block the DNS.
- Wi-Fi router connection also creates the error.
- Online software may block internet DNS and make the problem.
So check your computer and identify the reason that creates the error. Don’t worry, in this article I write all the solution that must be fixed the ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error forever. So let’s go the solution and implement carefully.
Fixing the ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED Error
=>> Fix 1: Clear Chrome Browser Cookies-
This is a common solution for all the DNS error because sometime cookies block your internet network DNS. So at first you clean your Chrome browser all cookies just following bellow system.
- First you open your Chrome browser.
- Then go to the right top corner ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ that have three steps icon.
- Now go to ‘Settings’ then ‘Show advanced settings’ from bellow.
- Now you go the ‘Privacy’ section and click on the ‘Content settings’ button.
- In this time a new windows open and you click the ‘All cookies and site data’ button.
- Then you simply click the ‘Remove all’ from the top and finally click on the ‘Done’ button and refresh your browser.
This is not the main solution of the error but some members fix this error by this method. If you cannot fix by this method then you move to the next solution.
=>> Fix 2: Flush and Renew DNS-
This is the most effective method because some Chrome forum member fixed the error by this method. So you can apply the method carefully. It is very easy to flush your network DNS and then renew the DNS. At first you go to your windows ‘Start’ menu and then type ‘CMD’ in the ‘Search programs and files’ box and you right click on the ‘cmd.exe’ from top then click the ‘Run as administrator’ from the drop down option. A new popup comes and you click the ‘Yes’ button. Now you see a black screen window, there you type the bellow codes one after another and hit the Enter after each code.
These procedures flush your old DNS and then renew new DNS server. I hope this method worked well for you to get rid of the ‘err name not resolved’ error.
=>> Fix 3: Change Auto DNS to Open DNS-
If the second method not worked for you then you implement this method that you change your automatic assign DNS address to open DNS address. There are many open DNS server address in the internet, just you take one of them and put in the DNS address places. You can use the bellow DNS address that collects from Google DNS server. All the process is given in the bellow; you just follow the instruction and apply watchfully.
- At first click on the ‘network icon’ from the bellow icon bar.
- Then you click the ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ and then click on the ‘Local Area Connection’ that middle in the page.
- Now a new popup appears and you click on the ‘Properties’ from bellow.
- Then you select the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4′ from the new window and click on the ‘Properties’ again.
- Now a new window open and you click on the ratio button under the ‘General’ tab that says ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’.
- You just clear the old DNS and type the bellow given DNS like the image.
Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Finally you check the ‘Validate settings upon exit’ box and then click on the OK button.
After completed the process you restart your PC and check the error may be fixed.
=>> Fix 4: Other Expert Solution-
Restart Router Power Cycle: Some sufferer fixes this ‘Err_Name_Not_Resolved’ error by this system so you can try. At first you unplug your Wi-Fi router power cable for 5 minutes and then plug it. You can also unplug your router main internet connection cable then wait 5 minutes then plug it and refresh your browser.
Check Website Filtering Software: Sometime website filtering software creates the DNS error. If you use this type of software then you can uninstall it and check the error may fix or not.
Check Windows Firewall: You can also check your windows firewall settings and make sure your connection or your browser is not blocked by it.
Unplug Extra Connection: If you have more than one connection then you unplug others extra connection and you also disable others connection network setup. You also try to browse the error page in your browser by safe mode.
I hope you can be fixed the error by following the upper solution so please write a comment bellow that the method worked well for fixing this ‘Err Name Not Resolved’ error.